Kyo-Machiyas are disappearing little by little,
and the unqiue street scape of Kyoto may not last for another 100 years.
It is up to the hands of the craftsmen, who have mastered the Traditional Construction Method that existed since Heian period, to continue building Kyo-Machiyas for the future generation.
It is a method that emphasizes on using pure materials from the nature, such as timber, bamboo, and soil. It is also a method that grounded on the concept of, not fighting and resisting, but rather unifying and coexisting with the forces of nature.
We hope that KyoTsumugi becomes a project that will help pass on the art of Traditional Construction Method, as well as the Kyo-Machiyas for the future.
Jun 15, 2019
Next Update Schedule
Jun 29, 2019
Current Situation：In Construction
The construction will be completed within Feb, 2019, however it may be delayed due to matters such as force of nature.
There is an agreement draft for the alley revitalization which the 「Collective Building Design System/連担建築物設計制度（再建築可能）」 was applied.
Please note that the use of this property is exclusive personal residential use only.
To look for more properties, please visit our website below.
Nijou Station (Sagano Line)
23 min. walk
Imadegawa Station (Kyoto City Subway Karasuma Line)
Real Estate Japan Inc. (hereinafter referred to as REJ) is not a real estate agent and does not provide the intermediary service for any properties posted on this website.
1) REJ shall not be held responsible for administering a practice of monitoring the companies, which provide contents on REJ.
2) REJ shall not be held responsible for the accuracy of the content of the site. REJ cannot review all the content posted by users or third parties. Users shall use the site at their own discretion and REJ shall not be considered responsible for damages or losses incurred from the use of the site.
3) REJ shall not be held responsible for any damages arising out from natural calamity, temporary suspension of service due to the site maintenance, device failure or concentrated access, fabrication or leakage of the information caused by third parties, the loss and delayed delivery of the information and/or provision of outdated information attributed to the termination of the contract between REJ and real estate agents. Neither shall REJ be held responsible for any accidents and other damages on software and hardware caused in the use of REJ.
4) Besides the cases stated in the previous clauses, REJ is not liable to any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the use of REJ’s services excluding any claim or controversy causes for reasons attributable to REJ.
5) This site contains links to external sites administrated by third parties. REJ shall not be held responsible for the availability or content of external sites.